From:
Julia Goodwin-Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:20:13 +0000
I remember long ago before I ever had a pet ferret, that I went in a pet
store and began to play with a little black eyed white ferret.  He would
make this little "meeeep" sound.  It was so cute and when I would go
"meeeeP" he would get more excited and sing it.  I then thought all
ferrets made those meeps.  However, I've have had ferrets for a few years
now and none of them have ever made that sound.  I also have friends with
ferrets, and I visit more at the pet shops when I get "baby ferret"
withdrawl and none of them have made the meep sound.  Why did that one
ferret meep like that?  Has anyone either heard a ferret make that sound
or has one that does?  I wish all my ferrets did because that is really
adorable.

I have one more question.  I knew that ferrets were prone to tumors.
However, I didn't know that so many of htem have such various diseases.
What is the risk rate on ferrets getting problems?  Is it like 90 percent
all ferrets need surgury at some point?  Or is it a lower percent.  I have
a 4 yr, 3 yr, and two 2 yrs and I was started to get concerned by all the
stories everyone has on here of very sick ferrets.

check out our new web site:
http://www.members.tripod.com/throughthetube/

peace,
Julia
and the spiteful ferrets: Othella, Liam, Willow, Garcia