From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:57:38 -0800
Our shelter has had our results back-ALL our kids are ADV Negative!  (I
never had my doubts but you all know how the rumour mill gets going)

Also, we have 4 new ferretbabies in our rescue program.  they came
together, I am going to experiment in pairing them off.  They are ALL
under a year so I am hoping this is successful as it's more difficult to
adopt out a whole group like this.  You can read about them on our website.
www.geocities.com/mystyxrescue

Adoption day was a flop, as a result I quit rescuing dogs.I still keep my
shelter illness free.We cannot take in the sick.I am a single mom unable to
pay huge vet bills for other people's ferrets.I can handle my own ferts'
bills just fine.  Religion:I am offended deeply by the Rev.'s comments
about praying the person's religious beliefs change.I'm a pagan.Yep,you
read it right the first time.And all the more, I'm Wiccan.

To me,ALL life is sacred, there is No One True Way.What does that mean?  It
means you pray your way, I pray mine, and we can still be best buddies so
long as you don't think you're better than me because you're Christian.I
certainly don't think I'm better than you.I've READ the bible.Jesus wasn't
in your face.He was a kind, peaceful man who won over many because of his
generosity.Not because he forced his beliefs on his converts.He quietly
went his way.If you followed GREAT!Variety and diversity are what makes our
world so wonderful.So me and my Goddess will dance in the moonlight while
you kneel on your prayer rug,sit in your pew, wear your yarmulka(pardon
if i spell wrong), or silently laugh at us all for believing in such
foolishness.Whatever works for you.

Dear Reverend, I have gone to church with my Christian family wearing my
pentacle pendant.I watched the Easter pageant.I have painted a mural for
them of the nativity.You have a few choices here in opinions, some I've
listed here...

A)Christianity is wrong and Witches aren't evil so stop saying you don't
  suffer us to live.

B)The Christian church is wrong about their god since a practicing Witch
  was able to set foot on its property without withering to dust or a big
  invisible barrier keeping me out and a big booming voice crying "WITCH"
  and crying for me to be stoned.

C) Christianity is not evil and neither am I or others of my religion.

D) we're all wrong (except atheists) and there are no higher beings so IT
   DOESN'T MATTER who is right.

My religion is protected by the constitution too.Personally, I think we who
believe in higher being have to accept there are other ways to worship that
may not be the same as our own and accept it or you won't be getting far.
I don't mind seeing prayers on the list.  I DO mind being in a strictly
Christian list without being informed first.This list is not advertized
as being for Christian ferret lovers.Let's not change it now.

Kim

==

Kim Wolf

Mystyx Samoyeds, Samoyed and Ferret Rescue
Mystyx Effects Ferretry, Galloway, Ohio
Visit our rescues at:
www.petfinder.org/shelters/OH48.html