From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:01:05 -0700
Hi all,

Argh!  I just got a new sofa which I *thought* would be ferret proof,
because it is flush to the ground & the floor model I tested seemed to be
cushion-ferret proofed, too.

Boy, was I wrong!  No sooner was the sofa delivered yesterday did my fuzzies
thorougly explore it and find a way under the cushions - all in about 2
minutes flat.

I live in a 1 BR, albeit spacious, apartment and I don't want to isolate my
furkids to the bedroom!  However, they are all excited about the prospects
of digging their way under my cushions (and I'm afraid that next they'll
tear a hole down into the boxspring part of the sofa and get trapped).  I
actually worked up a sweat keeping all 4 of them out of the sofa cushions
this morning and ended up putting them back in the bedroom.  :-(

How do all of you deal w/ sofa cushion-hiding ferts?  Any good ferret
proofing ideas?  I love the sofa and don't wish to get rid of it, and
moving to a bigger place will be an option, but not for at least another
six months.  I also want to give my babies their freedom of running around
my apt. when I'm home like they've been used to, but not with them
"attacking" the sofa like they have already been doing!

Please post on the FML or email me at [log in to unmask]  -- thanks!!

Jen and the wardancing, sofa digging ferrets (Jasmine, Casey, Samantha and
Daisy!)