From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:28:55 -0800
On the way to church my hubby and I saw a baby bunny on the road.I told
him to pull over so I could shoo it off the road before I could get to
it someone had came and grazed it.I went to see how bad it was hurt it's
mouth was bleeding so I picked it up and took it with me.I got the
bleeding to stop I think the car didnt run over it.I think it just went
by so fast it scared it and the bunny got picked up and thrown down by
the car and smacked its mouth on the road.  I took it home with me and
checked it over no other damage was done that I could tell.I called
several vets because I thought maybe it broke his mouth who refered me to
a wildlife rehab.I called them and the receptionist got snotty with me
when I told her what happened and said all the rehabilitation people were
out of the office and to call back.The second time I called I talked to a
rehab person.I told him what happened he got hateful and told me I should
of left it in the road because baby rabbits are hard to raise and the
slightest noise could stress them out and cause a heart attack.He also
told me there was nothing he could do.  He kept going on and on telling
me what a bad thing I did and told me to find a field and let it go.I
have been looking into information before I found the rabbit about
wildlife rehabitation because I was going for my bachelors in wildlife
conservation to hopefull become a liscensed wildlife rehabilitator when I
am done.  I was really upset over what this guy said because it is his
job to take care of wild animals.That is what a wildlife rehab.  person
does and if he dosent want to help wild animals than why did become a
rehabilitator?Was he just to lazy that day to help?That happed 6 months
ago and I am still unhappy about what happened.He made me doubt what a
wildlife rehab.  does.  I am now trasnfering schools and majoring in
another field.

Sorry this is off topic but I wanted to get your view and tell me if
something could have been done.

[HH]

[Moderator's note: Since this was posted anonymously and it's pretty
much off-topic, feel free to ask me to forward replies to HH.  BIG]