From:
Kimberly Latas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:13:34 -0500
Hi All!

I found a 'rice' box at the Ferret Store that I think is going to be just
the answer!  Its a smallish cardboard box full of edible peanuts that the
ferrets can dig in, and if they eat any of the peanuts they turn to mush
and biodegrade.

The peanuts look very similar to white cheetos and feel like styrofoam,
but they are warranted not to hurt your animal if ingested.  My two guys
really like fooling around in there and yes, I've seen evidence that Luke
is eating or licking on them because a few have already got melt-y looking
sides/ends where he's nibbled.  (Just goes to show you just can't be too
careful as I'd have never noticed that if it were plain rice or something!)

Incidentally, if your order is over twenty bucks they ship free.  Its an
easy-to-navigate site and I recommend it.

Kim Latas
Spirit Lake IA