From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 08:52:20 -0400
Had to add my two cents about ferrets and sand.  My Dad lives around a
man-made lake in WV and we have a little beach there, complete with sand.
The beach usually opens on Memorial Day weekend so a week before the lake
gets in a new load of sand for the beach and leaves it in a heep.  One
spring I took Loki (RB) on a walk around the lake - well, ok honestly it was
more like a rable around the lake but anyway.  Well, she discovered this
HUGE pile of sand and went nuts!  She climbed up it and slid down and then
tried to tunnel through it and carried on.  She had the best time and was
very upset with me when it started raining and I had to pick her up and make
a dash for home.

My new little guy Fidget is being quite efficient helping his new mom and
dad in moving.  He goes to all the corners that haven't been dusted for
years and starts rubbing up against them and investigating.  Which means I'm
constantly running around right behind him trying to stop him before he gets
into the cobwebs!  Boy it's good to have a ferret in the house again!

cheers
chris and Fidget