From:
Tricia Vanderpool <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 04:20:00 EDT
Hello I recently had to search the web for a sling for a pitbull that
someone let go off a 3rd story balcony, he broke 2 legs one front and
back I found this site which has carts and wheels for doxies and thought
it might help you.  http://www.handicappedpets.com/products.htm

I also have to share this story, This pitbull has been through hell and
back I had to bring him home to rehab him otherwise he was going to
lose his leg, that we did surgery on twice, anyway he has to stay in my
daughters room during the day where the ferret cage is, the pit (Buddy)
was fought at least once that I know of and my dogs fight amongst
themselves so we have a devil of a time keeping everyone separated.

I do Prairie Dog rescue, Buddy freaks out and wants to get the prairie
dogs, he is not allowed in the pd room, okay he just looks at the ferrets
like he could care less.  Last week I heard someone clawing at the carpet
and I immediately told Buddy firmly to stop it and then waited to see if
he did it again, I heard a scratch and looked at the door and repeated
myself ( he is very smart and I usually don't have to repeat myself ) I
look down at the door and see a small silver paw come under the door and
I freak out, thinking oh my he is gonna hurt the ferrets.  I run to get
my chow put up so I can open the door and Buddy is just watching the
ferrets tear up his egg crated that he layed on since he was full of
steel pins.  He had this look, like why are you yelling at me.  It was
so awesome, well they escaped today and he started barking like he was
telling on them.  Now I can't let this dog around any other animals he
seems aggressive but with the ferrets is totally different.  Just had to
share that.  And I did bring home a new cage for the ferrets so hopefully
they won't escape anymore, but my daughters room is prairie dog and
ferret safe.  Critters come first here :)

Tricia