From:
Jennifer Hodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:16:50 +0000
I had the scare of my life Friday night!  I don't think I've ever been so
scared!  To tell you about this, I'll start from the beginning.

My SO and I have a "ferret proof room." The only problem with this room was
that there was a small hole in the corner where a pipe bulged out of the
wall a bit.  We had taken precautions until we were able to plaster it
closed by shoving a towel in the hole and pushing a trunk up agains the
hole.  Anyway, it was friday night, and we were going to the airport to
pick my mother in law up for a visit.  We left the little guys, Yin & Yang
running around happily in their playroom.  When we returned home, Yin was
all comfie in his hammoc, but Yang was no where to be found.  Our first
instinct is that he had slipped out when my mother-in-law opened the door,
but that one didn't pan out, then we saw it... the hole was open, the towel
had been pulled out dispite the presence of a heavy trunk!!!!!  Thats when
the REAL panic began!  We called and called, rattled Yang's favorite toy,
called him for treats, everything... and not a peep from Yang.  We were
sure thats where he had gone, and thats when my husband started tearing up
the wall!  sooner than you could blink, the hole was now 4 times as big, so
we could look in.  No Yang!  We went downstairs, after we figured out the
hole only went down, and tore up half the ceiling in the dining room, No
Yang!  We were heartbroken.  We had already had one ferret go over the
Rainbow Bridge from an accident, our hearts couldn't bear another!  We
stayed up all night, putting out treats, calling his name, making his
favorite noises... and nothing.  We sat completely silent while I listened
for noises... still nothing!  Finally about 5 am, we had to go to bed.
Even my wonderful mother in law stayed up all night helping us look and
listen.

The next day we were obligated to go to one of our best friends wedding and
reception.  The reception was at a bed and breakfast, and we had already
obligated ourselves to stay there over night.  We were in a delimma, until
we came up with an idea.  We called our friend who wasn't going to the
wedding and asked him if he could house sit and watch and listen for Yang.
He said that he and his girlfriend would be happy to, and it wasn't a
problem.  They love our babies as much as we do, and they remembered how
much it hurt us when Freckles passed on.  Well, we went on to the wedding
and reception, all day Yang stayed on our minds.  We had become certain he
was dead after hearing that nothing had been heard of Yang.  We told our
friend we thought Yang might be dead at about 6:00 pm on Saturday.  About
1:00 am Sunday morning we recieved a page "Think again!!!!!!  :) we just
found him like three minutes ago!  He's fine.  :) he was inn the cieling in
the dinig room." (that was the exact page, errors and all) We were
elated!!!!!!  We cried!  We danced!  We jumped for joy!  We called home!
They heard him scratching around in the drop ceiling in the dining room,
and went to investigate, and Yang came right to them happy to see a human
again!!!  Come to find out Yang was ok, a bit dehydrated, so we had our
friends give him a bit of pedialite, nutrical, and laxitone (just in case
he had eaten something in the ceiling) They told us he drank half a water
bottle full!  (Its a BIG water bottle too!) When we got home the next day
(after getting a very good nights rest knowing Yang was safe) Yang was
dooking and war dancing around with his brother Yin!  Life was back to
normal again.

Anyway, lesson learned!  Hole plugged up PERMINANTLY!  and everyone is happy
once again!  Thank the Goddess that Yang was returned to us safely!

One happy and relieved mamma,

        Song

& her two little rug runners
Yin (Where were you? I missed you!)
& Yang (I didn't mean to mommy! I'm glad I'm home!)
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
ICQ # : 13170713
AOL instant messenger: LdyIshanna