From:
Ed Bullard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:00:55 -0500
To the FML vets: HELP!!

I posted recently about a problem our youngest, Possum is having.  She
refuses to use the same litter box that Ootz, the oldest, uses.  In the cage
she uses the corners on the second level.  Thats not a big problem I just
cut box corners as shields.  The problem is that she leaves little half
shits all over.  There will be several down the length of the hall.  She no
longer even bothers to use a corner.  Just anywhere she wants to.  last
night it was on our bed.  I'm at my wits end and the SO is ready to get rid
of her.

The only thing I can think of at this point is to give her a cage of her
own.  We have a smaller one I can set up but I'm not sure this will solve
the problem.

I'm afraid she may have a loose bowel sphincter muscle.  In all other
aspects she is healthy.  I got all sorts of replies to my original post from
folks who thought this was my first ferret(NOT) to folks who thought she was
remarking territory(not or why would she shit in the middle of a
hall)(besides I already steam cleaned the carpet when we moved in)