From:
Liane Novick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:11:16 EDT
Thank you the lady who noted the ferrets at Petco.  WSFA received two calls
regarding the situation.  As of today, the ferrets that are in the store
remain in quarantine.  The ferret that died is currently undergoing a
necropsy by a ferret knowledgeable veterinarian.  The results should be in
today.  I have spoken with the manager and the district manager.  They will
release the results of the necropsy to us when available.  Both have agreed
to work with WSFA in caring for the remaining ferrets.  One of our members
who lives in the Mt.  Vernon area is monitoring the situation, and if
agreed to by all parties, WSFA will foster the ferrets until they can be
released to Petco for sale.  I will post tomorrow with an update for all
concerned, or anyone can e-mail me privately if they wish.  Remember, being
PROACTIVE in these cases will get you much farther, and better accomplish
our mutual goal: Care, love and good homes for ferrets.

Liane Novick Beckwith

Acting Director
Washington State Ferret Association
minds"  Albert Einstein