From:
Albert Bachur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:48:23 -0800
A warning to future cage purchasers, 2-26-2002

This is an alert to anyone thinking about buying a ferret cage from KW
cages located in Santee California.  I recently purchased my third Ferret
Hondo Mondo cage from KW cages.  My first two purchases were OK, and I
received the product just as it was advertised on the web.  The first two
came with a plastic base tray as was advertised.  The third purchase did
not come with a nice molded and sanitary tray.  It came with a cheaply
manufactured tin tray that even had dings ( small dents ) in several
areas.  The corners were folded over and spot welded.  They did not even
bother to remove the sharp edges that occured when they drilled the holes
for the supplied casters.  If any urine or animal feces, or anything for
that matter gets into the corners, ( as they are not sealed ), it will
be very difficult to clean out, and will be an ideal spot for bacteria
to flourish in.  The original tray was easy to clean and looked good
cosmetically.  I complained to KW about the junky tin tray, and requested
the plastic tray that was so strongly endorsed in their add.  I tried
contacting KW using their e-mail address, but did not receive any reply.
I then sent a registered letter to KW, and again, I did not get a reply.
I again e-mailed to KW stating that I had a legitimate request and wanted
to know what are they going to do to satisfy my request.  I finally did
get a reply after four trys.  I was told by KW that I could send the cage
back for a refund, period.  I mentioned to them in my previous e-mails
that I intended to keep the cage, as I waited almost a month for it to
get to me, and it matches the previous two that I had purchased in the
past.  On 2-25-2002, I lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau
detailing the problem I am having with KW.  KW also raised the price of
the cage, which they stated could happen in their literature.  That was
acceptable.  Changing to a cheap tinny piece of junk without changing
their literature or at least stating the change to the customer during the
sale is unethical, and their ignoring my requests for the advertised tray
is an inexcusable way to do business.  After having this unfortuinate bad
experience with KW cages and it's management, I can in no way recommend KW
cages to anyone contemplating buying a cage.  There are many other cage
vendor's in the market, and they supply their cages with sanitary molded
plastic base trays.  I realize that this is a long notice, but I could not
shorten this and still get what I wanted to say out to the readers.  For
a viewing of the KW advertisement, go to [log in to unmask] In closing, all
I can say is BUYER BEWARE .

Signed,
A dissapointed KW customer.