From:
Daryl S Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 03:29:58 -0600
Dear Ferret Lovers

I hold dear a friend that gave all to me, and all that is gone.  I don't
know if you remember a girl from Pittsburgh named Jessica that used to write
to this ferret fan letter but she had given me life in the world of ferrets.
My best friend other than my fiancee from Pittsburgh and I in Tennessee was
a female name dLegend.  I had left her with my mom which had kept her many
times before and thought of nothing of leaving Legend with her and on my
return home for the Christmas break, I found her sick and Anemic (sp?).  I
don't hold this against my mother because she did all that she could and I
stayed up all night with her lat night, receiving no sleep unil 8 this
morning till the vets could get to her and the vet said she had lost lots of
blood and that he would do the best they could for her.  I left and came
back to find my ferret lying cold and calm at 11:00 pm ruffly, and I buried
her with tears and sorrow because she had been my friend through times of
trial, bitterness and lots of fraternity parties in which she sat on my
shoulder licking my ear as I relaxed and drew in the attention that she and
my friends gave to me.  I don't know when I'll get another ferret if ever,
but my fiancee has 2 of her own which I'll adopt when her a and I get
married.  Right now I wish that everyone will say a prayer of love and
kindness that she may be in ferret heaven.  She was my friend, she was my
strength and she gave me lots of love through many licks and hidden socks.
So please hug all your ferrets tonight and let them know that you love them.
Mine is now in ferret heaven, with her new found friends, and I wishe her
all the love that someone could give her.  She was buried in the woods with
the calmness of God's loving care and a pewter cross that I held dear
throught all my childhood...............but isn't this just a small token of
love and appreciation that fuzzies give us?

In loving memory

Daryl S. Mitchell TKE MO #493 and from all of the brother who loved her

December 14, 1996