From:
Bernard A Horowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 1994 15:16:56 -0500
Hello, I am so glad to be able to talk with all the wonderful people who
own ferrets across the world. I am new to the ferret owning community and I
have some questions. Please excuse my ignorance on the subject, but I figure
that we are all here to learn.
My ferrets name is Chewie(named after chewbacca not a habit) He is sable and
six months old. I am concerned with his behavior. He likes feet, likes to
bite them, likes to eat them, likes to step under them. He just seems to
like anything with the foot "smell" is this normal? Is is normal for a ferret
to bite and my feet and attack the toes of my friends? At the beginning I
thought it was cute and funny, but now, I am beginning to worry. As for
other concerns, I like to take Chewie out for walks, he hates the harness, but
loves the outdoors. When I take him out, he walks around but never goes more
then five feet away from me. How often should I take him out? Do I need to
worry about anything attacking him? Such as birds? I live in Flagstaff, Az
and it is cold, what about his warmth?
Another concern is how often he should be out of his cage, I let it vary due to
 his
his biting feet, sometimes he can stay out for hours, but other times he doesn't
come out at all! I also live in a college dorm room, it is illegal to have pets
in our rooms, so I have to be careful! Any suggestions?
How about food? I feed him cat food, any brand that I should be looking for?
The same about litter, any suggestions?
Vitamins?
Toys?
Sorry to ask so much on my first time, I just want Chewie to be happy and h
healthy! What about Vaccines? He has had his distemperment and thats all, do I
need anything else? Thanks for helping me out!

Bernard Horowitz
                              Freind of Chewie, the foot loving ferret! :)