Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:12:04 -0400
Having just moved to Canada from the US, I wanted to add to the previous
note about what's required for your ferret's entry.  You do NOT need a
general health certificate of your ferret unless you are flying.  That is a
requirement of airlines and not of Canada Customs.  If you are driving over
the US/Canada border, you need ONLY a signed rabies certificate, proving
vaccination was given in the past 12 months, and yes, as recently as
yesterday is okay.  Your rabies tag is NOT sufficient.  Now, with that
being said, in my move, I had ALL of my pets (cats, ferrets and gerbils)
with paperwork for everything lined up, and customs was more concerned
about two bottles of wine located somewhere in the back of the Uhaul than
the six cats on the front seat.

Especially if you're driving, it's really no big deal...just have that
certificate, which your vet should be able to provide in a jiffy!  :-)

 \-._.-/       Laura Hess
 {=^o^=}  University of Alberta
(( (~) ))  Economics Department
 ~\`:'/~
  `-^-'   -There are two means of refuge
from the miseries of life: music and cats.
                -Albert Schweitzer