Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:20:09 EDT
>From:    "Riddle, Suzanna" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bad experience with Kritter Kage

From what I have heard from Bridget & Kurt Dennison (Kritter Kages) is that
they have stopped doing cages.  Bridget told me they were just selling off
what they had & then they were getting out of it.  Their web site has been
down since April at least.  Bridget told me it was getting to be too much
to do it - them getting about 50 calls & orders a day!

>The manufacturer refuses to replace the cage or compromise with Riverbend
>in anyway.  Karen told me that this wasn't the first time this has happened
>and that someone in Washington had the exact same experience a few days ago.

This may be only because they don't have the cages to replace them with.
Were the items shipped insured?  If so, then it is on the shipping company's
shoulders.  Even if the cage wasn't insured, I would still contact the
shipper about the damaged cage.  They may be able to do something about it.

>I suppose Kritter Kages will continue to sell their cages on their own and
>I want to warn everyone not to buy one through the mail.  I hope this saves
>someone else the headache I've gone through.

As I said earlier, they told me they were going out of business.  That
doesn't mean he will not make a few for shows - you never know.  It
surprises me very much that you got that kind of reaction from Kritter
Kages.  The Dennisons' are very nice people & have always worked with us on
cage deals (we made several arrangements for people wanting his cages).  I
do know they do not have internet access, so contact with them is really
hard - you need a phone number - but most printed are disconnected.

Amy Flemming