From:
Anne Willingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 10:20:26 -0600
Not to add fuel to the ever growing fire here, but I feel that in all
fairness I must share.  Last Christmas, when we did the Giving Tree
project, I called The Ferret Store to get a gift card for one of my
little adoptees.  Thinking there would be no harm in asking, I asked the
lady on the phone if they would donate as well.  After a brief discussion
with her boss, she came back on and said they would double the amount of
my gift.  Doubled it!  While it wasn't a huge amount all total, every
little bit helps.  I thought it a very generous, gracious gift on their
part.

While I disagree with their attitude on unhealthy foods, I do believe
that there are many there that care about the fate of ferrets in America.
Perhaps we are shooting ourselves in the collective foot by demanding a
boycott.

Just my two cents anyway...

Anne