From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2010 18:24:39 -0500
Hello, this is Susie Lee in, with, and for The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary,
Inc., in Pensacola, Florida.

First we want to thank Ms. Gruden for the ferret article mentioning and
linking our little shelter (as well as three other worthy shelters). We
are Very Grateful for any positive extra attention.

Secondly we have a relative youngster among the middle-agers and
oldsters who is most in need of a good adoption out of every ferret
still here. The middle-agers besides this one are all the others on
our Petfinder Pet List Scroller. But this little lady has been twice
claimed by phone callers who each stated they had another ferret they
wanted to see how she might get along with and twice, now, the
claimants never showed up. We feel such tricks are unkind to the
ferrets on each end of the phone calls.

So I'm calling on the rest of you guys to help us find an honest and
decent ferret-parent for this little extremely gentle and cute ferret.

Her story is that she was found in a dirtied cage in the midst of an
otherwise emptied apartment by the apt. manager who called us after he
was guided our way by our local Humane Society, and he took her to one
of the three ferret-vets in our town, got her rabies certificate and
bill-of-health and Then turned her over to us. The rabies certificate
gave her name as "NuNu" ...perhaps the writer meant to write out
"unkown" or perhaps they had a list of "any-critter" names for the
nameless, we don't know, but when i said " Nunu Be Good, Dear" she
turned and looked up at me. So, effectively, she answered to what has
become her name...

NuNuBeGoodDear.

Pictures of her can be seen on the pet list scrollers at these two
sites...

http://ferretanddovesanctuary.petfinder.com

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html