From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 1996 19:57:09 -0400
Hi, Sorry I did not ansewr sooner, my computer has been hay wire with all
the rain and tornaroes here in Colorado.  I just saw your post and stopped
there to answer, I wish it was sooner.

To pain relivers I use in ferrets are herbal.  I use Valerian root, which is
a natural pain killer, it is very safe and you can use 2 drops ever 6 hours.
I would also try Bach flower rescue remedy which will help with shock and
helps sooth.  2 drops every 4-6 hours.  These will not interacte with any
other medications you might be giving.

If you are interested in them just go to a health food store or herbal store
and ask for the Valerian root in tincture form (drops).  The Back flower is
usually liquid.  If they do not have Valerian you can use Skullcap same
dosage.

For burns, I use Colloidal Silver salve directly on the burns, helps sooth
and helps fight infection, the liquid can also be used, but salve is eaier
on burns.  The Liquid would be good orally to help fight infection and build
up the immune system, it really helped with one of ours who lost all the
skin on her belly, and had to be treated like a burn victim, the vet.
thought she would die of infection, but 2 years later "Willow" is great and
in a great home.

Any questions, please e-mail anytime.  Good louck and love to all your
little ones, the 40 here at our rescue are saying their prayers.

Stephanie