From:
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:12:55 -0500
Well, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Belair/Ferret Aid
house.  The tree is up and lit, a few presents line the floor underneath
(mostly for us kids and Grandma).

I have some bad news about some of us kids.  I'm hoping you can all keep us
in your thoughts and prayers over the next little while.  Salem a 7 year
old who's been here all his life has begun to loose the use of his back
legs.  All his blood tests are normal, so we have to keep looking into
things.

Saigon, another long term kid has been very slow lately and been vomiting
off and on.  What scares us is that his total protein is a whopping 91
(over 4 is high).  We'll be testing him for ADV even though 2 other long
term residents of the shelter were tested and got a negative result.

Snowball has been very ill off and on.  His blood shows a really elevated
ALT which means his liver is severely damaged.  He's in the hospital as i
write to you all.

Now for me.....i'm sick again.  mommie was very sad when she found out.  my
good eye is starting to ooze green/yellow pus and i have to go back to the
university for a flush again.  i guess i'm not cured like everyone thought.
my appointment is Jan 12 to go to Guelph.  Mommie can't go with me because
she's having surgery that same day too so auntie Olympia is gonna take me.
i like auntie Olympia, she smothers me with kisses too.

Grandma wanted me to thank you all for your well wishes and to auntie
Ronnie for the beautiful ornaments and CD she sent.  Whiskey took the star
one as soon as mommie opened it and hid it under the couch so mommie had
to get it out.

well, that's all for now, mommie's coming and i can see by the look on her
face it's hug and kiss time for me <yuck!!!>

Love,
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
http://www.ferretaid.org
Subscribe to the Ferret Aid e-list at

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to you!
Click here!!