From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 19:52:18 -0500
Andrea --

My heart goes out to you and your poor Frito. I've almost been there myself.

However, even though I understand your frustration with the situation in
Dr. Kawasaki's office, I feel the need to defend the man.

I've had numerous surgeries done on several fuzzies there, and each time
I was *required* to fill out a form stating that I was aware that no one
stayed past office hours. I took the risk. First of all, I live about 15
miles outside of Woodbridge, but north -- meaning (for all who don't
know) traveling I-95 south at the end of the day. Major traffic. In fact,
where I have to get on I-95 is one of the six worst interstate cloverleafs.

I couldn't afford (or half the time, even make it before they closed) to
get down there to pick up Ian, or Claudia, or Elektra and transfer them
somewhere else. (Actually, I'm quite glad that you mentioned the
Woodbridge Animal Hospital -- I'll keep it in mind for emergencies.)

I know that sometimes his staff seem completely disorganized, but most of
those girls I've known for several years, so I trust them with my animals.

I would still encourage anyone who wants an expert ferret vet and is
close enough to use Dr. K. He's the only one who would listen to me about
Claudia's bladder stones.

Again, Andrea, my babies have been in mourning since I told them your
story -- I want you to know you and Frito are in our prayers.

Re: Tara

If ferrets *have* to be sold at pet stores (and it seems that is the
case, as people want everything conveniently done already), I would much
rather have Tara and her SO doing it, where they follow up and offer to
take the ferrets back than the way all the other pet stores do it -- sell
on a 30-day guarantee, then forget about you later.

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)