From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 10:05:19 EDT
My one year old, MF male sable, Oscar has always been very picky about what
he eats.  I have tried Science Diet, Kaytee, Pro Plan and he has never
really liked any of these brands.  He only likes raisins and a ferret rais
in and bannana treat I buy at the pet store.  No other foods.  He does beg
every morning for the last sip of my strawberry slim fast.  A few weeks ago
he got a hold of some Purina Kitten chow I had in the cabinets.  He loved
it!  I took the box away from him and he hissed at me and snipped at my
ankles.  It was so cute!  So I put a little in his bowl, he laid down by the
bowl and ate it all.  I have been doing this for about a week.  He has put
on so much weight and seems to be happier.  Question, is this alright for
him to eat?  The protein says 34%, should I give him a dietary suppplement
or should I stop feeding him kitten food?  My female Lilly will eat anything
and has no complaints about the kitten food in her bowl.

What is FurVac and does anyone know how often this might happen?  (Death) I
feel so bad for Paco, I am assuming he was a shelter ferret.  Poor baby :(
My female Lilly goes in next week for her booster.  (fifteen weeks) Should
we question our vets about the possibilty of death or should we question
the brand of the injection?

Carol, Oscar ferret and Sweet Lilly