From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:02:23 -0400
Karyl:

Well, first, just to be sure I cover all my bases...if you were looking for
a ferret that was *posing* as a playmate, I suggest getting a subscription
to Modern Ferret Magazine...they do all those silly "posed-ferret" playboy
and playgirl things (I remember Peanut posing recently!) and this might be
what you are looking for.

On the other hand...

>My ferret, Begbie, is an only ferret and needs a playmate.  A friend
>suggested that I get a puppy and I really liked the idea, but I wanted to
>get some suggestions on which breed I should look for. I would imagine
>that a smaller dog would be a better playmate for her, but I just wanted
>to hear some other opinions. Please email me if you have any advice.
>Also, any tips on training a puppy to be gentle with her and vice
>versa."

The best dog (that I've found) that you can get for your ferret as a
playmate, is a "ferret-dog".  It's shaped exactly like a ferret, sounds
like a ferret, smells (P-Yew!) like a ferret, eats ferret food, war dances,
dooks (in most cases when you aren't looking or listening) and sleeps as
long as a ferret does.  They are so remarkably like a ferret, you'd *swear*
it was a ferret.  Actually, now that I think of it, they *are* ferrets!
Get another one...You'll *both* love the results! :)

NOTE: Take your current fuzzbutt along and introduce her to any prospective
ferret, first.  Also, be sure that the ferret in question has shots and has
been through the normal "quarantine" period.  Don't want to get your
current one sick!

Todd and the (8 is definitely NOT enough!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
http://users.success.net/toddl/