From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:43:08 -0500
julie soto posted:
>When you take in a rescue do you take the new baby to the vet right away
>for shots and a general check up?  Or are shots and that initial check up
>the responsibility of the person adopting the ferret?>

Our policy at FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You) is to take all
new shelter ferrets to the vet for their shots, unless the person giving
them up can document that they have been to the vet within the year.
Because of the way the county registers rabies shots, we don't vaccinate
for rabies, but recommend that new owners do, so adopted ferrets usually
go to the vet within a week or so.  We feel very strongly that it is our
responsibility to take care of the initial shots.

Kurt & Sara Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You)
http://members.igateway.net/~furry

Help raise money for the shelter!  Click on
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=5129