From:
"Jason W. Creager" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 1994 10:18:02 -0500
To Anon:

There's no way to tell how Nancy is going to behave with Buster until
they're living together on a full time basis.  I'd wait on getting a
kitten for Buster until Nancy gets all settled in.  One good thing about
getting another ferret is that if the new ferret plays with Buster, Nancy
will want to be a part of it.  I've noticed that our two ferrets can't
stand for the other one to be doing something that looks fun and they'll
usually join in.  (OK, OK, bad grammar, bad pronoun usage, but I just
woke up!  :-)   I'd definitely recommend having two (or more) ferrets! If
you're in to Algebra......
  If ( 1 ferret) = fun, then ( >1 ferret) = fun ^ (# of ferrets)!

On a different note, we almost lost Fosgate last week.  We had run out of
Authority kitten food and our guys can't stand the new formula, so we
went back to Science Diet.  Well Fosgate just kinda picked at it a little
and we figured he'd eat once he got hungry enough.  Then, BAM, almost
overnight he was dehydrated and too weak to move.  We took him to the vet
and he gave us some Amoxy and an electrolyte fluid.  Luckily, he LOVES
both of them and he's really bounced back quickly!  Now, he's eating his
fill of puffed rice and is starting to nibble at regular food again.

Apparently, the cold that he caught just really shook him up, since he
wasn't eating his usual HUMONGOUS amount of food.  Luckily, the Amoxy
broke his fever in nearly eight hours and he's just been doing so much
better every day!  Thanks to the GCFA for their help!