Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:26:19 -0400
To the scare-d-cat anon poster concerning the statement about misuse of
the AFA materials.

On the Taxidermy.Net Forum (www.taxidermy.net) the poster named 'prime
ferrets' posted the picture of the AFA color chart from AFA's website
where we have it for sale. The reason they were using it is because
they wanted customers to see all the colors of ferrets that could be
ordered through them. They were/are getting excess ferrets from pet
stores - ferrets that were too old to sell as pets - so they could
kill them and stuff them. If you would like to peruse through all the
pictures of dead frozen ferrets associated with that post, please do.
There are several threads concerning the purchase of dead ferrets for
taxidermy purchases along with pictures of dozens of dead frozen
ferrets. Just do a search for ferret on the site.

Since AFA does not condone this kind of abuse of ferrets we could not
condone the use of any AFA materials to help promote it. The AFA logo,
which is also on the poster, is a registered trademark of the AFA and
can not be used without express written consent.

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please don't
hesitate to ask!

Vickie McKimmey

Office Manager
American Ferret Association, Inc.