From:
Lin Talbot-Koehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:08:20 -0500
Hi All:

In the conversations about the High Bac litter boxes, Florence
mentioned that her ferrets move the litter boxes around in their cage
at night. One way I deal w/ this is by drilling 2 holes, about 1"
apart, on each of the sloping sides of the corner boxes. I put the box
where it belongs, then use zip ties to hold it in place (w/ the ends
sticking out on the *outside* of the cage, of course).

You can buy big packs of zip ties for very cheap at most hardware
stores, so it's not expensive to do. If they're the kind that you can't
release & reuse, it's no problem to just cut & remove them when you
need to remove the box for really thorough cage cleanings & such, then
put in a new one. When you don't have to do that extensive of cleaning,
you can just slide the box up off the cage floor, then slide it back
down when you're done cleaning around or under it.

However, I have yet to figure out how to stop my guys from stuffing all
their bedding down the ramps....

Lin