From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 07:31:16 -0800
I am so pleased folks are asking for help with this concept of helping
keep ill ferrets comfy. I just wanted to add that you can fill socks
with rice and heat in the microwave and use them to place beside the
ferrets - you don't need to make a sweatshirt sack to keep them warm, I
just really like them to travel to the vet in cooler temps. I also like
the idea that there is addition material between the very warm sack and
the ferret to prevent burns. It is better to heat in small segments of
time so you do not burn material and can shake up the rice.

If you heat the rice in the socks, remember to shake up the rice inside
(so leave space when filling) so there are no hot spots that could burn
your pet when pllaed next to them. It is kind of like when heating soup
in a microwave, you have to stir it and check for hot spots to prevent
burning their little tongues and mouth. cathy

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3