From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 03:57:57 -0400
I have always filled my pred at a human pharmacy, with a prescription
from my vet. For many years, I used PediaPred and the ferrets did just
fine with it. My pharmacy has changed brands a time or two but I've
never had a problem administering it. The last few bottles have been
from Hi-Tech Pharmacal. It is Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate Oral
Solution 5mg/5mL (nonalcoholic, dye free, sugar free). I have never
had a ferret refuse any of the human pharmacy prednisolone solutions.
I feed a little soup and then give the pred directly from a syringe
and then feed more soup.

I just refilled a week or two ago and paid $36.74 for 120mL. Instead of
compounding, ask your vet for a prescription and buy from a pharmacy.

Katharine
Florida