From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 13:38:32 -0400
>Use the cat version, not the dog version, of Advantage/Frontline.  Use
>only one or two drops per ferret

While I agree with this in most cases, I do know that you can use whatever
version of Advantage you want as the chemical percentages are all the same
and the only differences are the size of the tubes (and price, of course
<G>).

My vet figured it out for me and I've been using the large dog size tubes
for over a year and everything is working well.  The dose doesn't change,
I still use one or two drops on the back of the neck (between the shoulder
blades) on each ferret.  The reason I do that is with on average 30 ferrets
in the house (and two HUGE dogs <g>) it's more cost effective.

I have never used Frontline, so I have no idea about that.  I do know that
the Dog BioSpot is very bad if used on cats or ferrets, but then I wouldn't
use anything with BioSpot's name on it (it's similiar to Hartz products in
my opinion - crap).

Hope this helps!

Mary

Mary McCarty-Houser, Director
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association of Centre County
http://www.ferretrescue.com