Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:34:37 EDT
>The reason we see so many more cancers in pets as well as in people is
>that none of us as a species has EVER lived as long as we do now--not
>even close.  The longer you live, the greater the chance you'll
>eventually get cancer or a host of other problems.

Hi Deborah ~

Good words...my concern is the use of meats and animal products on the
market today.  Many of the foods commercially available to us and our
pets are very low in nutritionaql value.  The nutritionally lacking
feeds, hormones, and antibiotics given commercially grown animals reaches
far down the food chain.  As I mentioned someone did research and found
arsenic in chicken feed gathered in the bones.  (John Robbins, Diet for
a Free America).  So if using animal products I would go for organically
grown.  100 years ago our topsoil in the US had 10 inches of mineral rich
nutrients.  Today samples across America can only get 2 or 3 inches.
Organic farmers can get 7 to 10 (I have that).  It is the overuse of
fertilizers, runoff, groundwater waste and other problems that have
caused the food in areas of America to be so bad.  (Debra Lynn Dadd,
Nontoxic, Natural & Earthwise.)

Warmly ~

Mary L. Conley, ND, Herbalist
Conley Farm Organic Herbs