From:
Patti Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:03:39 -0800
>Actually, I was hoping I would be at home when a quake hit.  I'm curious
>what the ferrets would do.

Anchorage has lots of tremors and I find that my cockatiels make a lot of
noise right before one hits.  On the other hand they frequently make a lot
of noise for no reason neither me, sheltie, cat, or ferret can see.  A few
months ago a quake hit while we were asleep.  Butter was curled up on the
pillow next to my head.  On this occasion there was a faint vibration of
the bed first and both of us woke up and raised our heads in a "what was
that mode".  Then another, stronger jolt rocked the house and rattled the
windows.  Butter gave me a long, very stern look and then leaped from the
bed to his favorite den under the bathroom sink.  Even the squeaky toy
wouldn't entice him back out.  I believe he thought it was my fault!
Heaven forbid he be inconvenienced.

Patti and Butter (that wasn't funny)