From:
Patrick Hallahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:47:58 EDT
I was amused at the posting about the fantasy ferret shelter, which would
be ideal in an ideal world but the real world is that, for example, our
ferret shelter members do take in those kids that are no longer wanted
for some reason or another, we have yet to erect our building which will
by no means be the size the poster says we need so we have to take the
kids into our homes and if there is interest in an adoption we will have
people come into our homes but it is amazing, there are not a whole lot
of people knocking down our doors wanting to adopt a ferret.

If it was not for us taking in this guys and gals what would you suggest
we do with them, turn them out and let them die, I don't think so.

Yes it would be nice to have a facility like the poster suggested to hold
a mere 30 kids (we have close to 50 adoptables in our homes)

These little ones that come into our homes are given the love and care
they deserve, if they need medical treatment, they get it and if the
shelters funds are low, we pay for it our selves, we are a no kill
shelter and believe every ferret deserves the best life we can give him

Patrick