Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:09:34 -0600
I must say I agree with the ferret owner whos in college. A lot of students
are irrisponsible, but so are adults.. A lot of students go off to Uni and
leave thier pets, and a lot of adults change jobs, move house or just get
bored of thier pets.

I'm only 16, and I'm earning $640 a month, and if the cause arose I
wouldn't hesitate to spend every cent on my ferrets.  I'm not going to
decide 'hmm I need gas money' or maybe just go out and have a good feed at
McD's.

I let them out everyday, I take them to the park every week or two. I let
people hold and pet them, I show people they're good pets, I tell people
what caring for them is like.

I'm a student, I have school, car, social life, homework, assignments.. I
have a lot to balance, but despite that my ferrets are never neglected. A
lot more than can be said for a lot of people with more money, more spare
time, more 'maturity'.

You say on one hand, people prejudicing against the bad rep of ferret
owners, yet you don't hesitate to do it to other ferret owners. How can you
expect people to honestly expect people to respect ferret owners when you
yourselves are constantly putting the majority of them down? Ferrets aren't
a pet for the elite.

- Reet