From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:27:43 -0600
I NEED YOUR HELP!

I have found a group willing to test and certify one of my ferrets as both
a Canine Good Citizen (name of the test) and a Therapy Animal.  This would
also mean getting group support, and I think liability insurance in case
she bit someone etc.  I'm very excited about this.  The only problem the
woman is having, is finding a place interested in having a ferret come to
visit.  I don't know where people get their bad impressions of ferrets, but
once I get out there I know I can help to change that.

What I need is written support in order to put together a small booklet for
Beth to provide to the nursing homes etc.  that is pro-ferret.  If anyone
has a really positive short document about ferrets ie: 2 pg..  could you
please send me a copy and permission to use it ASAP.

Also I know there is at least one of you out there who does Therapy visits
with her ferret.  If any of you who are involved in AAT or AAA with your
ferrets or other "exotic" animals please send me a short letter telling me
about your experiences.  If you really want to help further, you could
include a note from the facilities you are involved with.

Thank you in advance,

Lara Tyminski and Smokey.