From:
Ingrid Lower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 13:51:33 -0700
>We found recently at PetSmart a litter called Swheat or something like it.
>It is a litter containing wheat.  The ferrets seem to love it and so does
>my cat.  It's fairly inexpensive.  It says it does not hard clump which is
>good since we know we don't want our babies to have digestive problems.
>It says that it is recommended by vets for kittens since it is easily
>digestible.  What do you experts think?  I tried yesterdays news and they
>don't seem to like it and the odor is realy bad with it.  We clean their
>pan every night since we have four babies.

Yes, I use this wheat litter also and the smell is much better, I think.
And I can buy a 14 lb bag for $9 and this will last my six ferts for a
month or more.  It does clump hard and can stick to the bottom of the pan
but as long as I keep enough litter in the pan, it won't stick.  I thought
Yesterdays News and those pine litters worked well but smelled horrid.
www.swheatscoop.com

>Also, I think one of my babies is deaf any suggestions?

I also have 2 deaf ferrets.  Honestly, I don't notice much difference
between ones who hear and those who can't and I don't treat them
differently.  My DEW, Ouzo, who is deaf tends to watch people more.  He
is always looking straight at us and is very aware of his surroundings.
I rarely walk up and scare him.  But I have a deaf blaze that many times
I have walked up to and scared him silly and he runs under the sofa, then
peeks out, then crawls right back out to play. :)

Also when those two sleep, they really sleep.  A woman who was babysitting
them all for me honestly thought my DEW was dead because he would not wake
up. :)

Ingrid