From:
Chris Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:59:42 EDT
I wanted to post a message regarding ferrets and pot bellied pigs... I have
a 6 yr old pot, named Gus, and although he and the cats are best friends,
he's never taken well to the ferrets.  My guess is that its because they
move so fast.  Their vision isn't the greatest, and they tend to get
confused when things flash by them that they don't know what they are.
Another reason I don't let them get together is because of the pigs size.
Know that that cute little 6 lb baby will most likely end up a minimum of
150 pounds.  Gus weighs in at about 175.  I feel like thats just a bad
accident waiting to happen!!  So, my advice is to keep them separate.

Chris (who can't decide who the true owner is... the pig or the ferrets!)