From:
Lisa Weisensale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 16:03:20 EDT
Good Afternoon FML'ers

Where to start??  Quite a few questions here:

Numero Unno: I have 3 ferrets; 1 of which won't do her duty in the litter
box; but right next to it!  I have changed litter several times & it seems
she doesn't like anything except cat litter.  But I can't find a cat
litter with good odor control.  Secondly; they are all repeat offenders
when it comes to pooping in the litter box when they are outside of the
cage.  We have to litter boxes outside of the cage to fix this; but they
will poop right next to the box & NOT inside!!  Is it time to re-train
these beasts??

Q #2: Peanut; about 5 yrs female; seems to have lost a quite a bit a
weight lately.  Is it the time of the year?  Altogether; all 3 have lost
some chub.  But, Peanut, is the most noticeable.

# 3: Peanut also has had a growth on her leg for the past couple of
months.  The vet checked it out and told me, of course, to keep an eye on
it.  Lately it has gotten better and worse.  Some days it is unoticeable,
and other days it is bleeding and looks awful.  Is this actual cancer or
something like it?  I am curious why this type of thing has patterns of
fluctiation like this?

To Dodie: I understand how you feel about not wanting anymore ferrets.  I
would say I agree to some degree.  I feel as though I would have given my
3 the boot a while ago because some days they drive me crazy, but I know
how much I would miss them if they actually were gone!  But I beleive that
when we hurt and grieve that is part of letting in the good with the bad.

Lisa in IA