From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 08:44:25 -0400
>I had originally bought one triangle box to serve as a pottycorner.

If you have large ferrets, the triangle potties may be too small for them,
hence they don't use them.  Try using a larger rectangular box and see if
that helps.

>Is it true that there is not a proven rabies vaccination for ferrets?

NO - IMRAB 3 WAS APPROVED AND PROVEN IN FERRETS IN THE EARLY 90's .

>Has anybody ever taken their fuzzies on trains?

I have taken several ferrets which had to be left at Union Station in DC
because #1 - ferrets are illegal in DC and #2 - ferrets are illegal on the
train.

>From:    "William L. Beckerson" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Youngun

In very simple terms - if the ferret has an outy belly button - it is a boy
(that is really his penis).  To make sure you know otherwise, if the ferret
pees and poops in the same spot, it is a girl.  If the ferret pees in front
of the pile of poop, it is a boy.  If the ferret has testicles, it is an
unaltered boy.  Unless the ferret has a tattoo in the ear, you can not tell
if a female has been spayed or not - you will NOT find the scar.

Pam Grant