From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 20:28:21 -0400
My Dear Ferret Friends,

I am pleased to report that Hurricane Fran did not destroy any ferret
shelters.  We did have some shelters in distress during and after Hurricane
Fran.  Shelters reported everything from A.  O.K.  to trees through the
roof.  Shelters from the coast of Maine to the coast of South Carolina felt
the brunt of Fran - but all are up and running and none sustained permanent
damage.

Ferret Friends Disaster Response International will continue to monitor the
situation in the aftermath of Hurricane Fran for at least the next three
weeks.  We have several ferret owners we are keeping a close eye on because
of the damage sustained during the hurricane.  PLEASE KNOW that although you
might not see us posting in a regular manner, the FFDRI is always keeping
watch and responding whenever and wherever disaster strikes..

A special thanks to the Emergency Animal Rescue Service - as always they
were there on the front lines after Fran - rescuing, rescuing, rescuing..
Also to New Hanover Animal Control (Wilmington, NC) who went above and
beyond what anyone ever ask of them in the care of the Children of Fur,
Feather, Scales and Shells during their time of need .

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International