Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:53:54 -0500
Hi,

I've had twenty-one ferrets in the past six years, I presently have 14.  I
have never seen a ferret chew and eat cloth until this morning.  I found
Daisy sleeping where she normally does, in a cotton blanket.  Except she
wasn't sleeping, she was chewing and eating (at least I think because a
little was missing) the blanket.  Will this cause a blockage?  Why would
she do this?

Daisy has had both adrenals removed but she still has the symptoms.  She
had a shot of four month depot Lupron on December 16th.  She was also
diagnosed with lymphoma, all her lymphnodes are swollen which enlarged her
spleen to the point that it was hard for her to walk.  She is also taking
pediapred.  Since the Lupron and the pediapred, she actually runs, chases
the other ferrets and is up and around a lot more.  I'm still hoping for
fur.  But I'm worried about this chewing, does anyone know?

Joy