From:
The Weezils of Doom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:11:59 -0800
Howdy,

If you've been watching the news, you probably know that we had a major
earthquake over here in Seattle.  What a ride!  I was on the 4th floor of
the building where I work when everything started shaking.  That was bad
enough, but then the building started swaying.  It was designed to do that
but it didn't make me feel any better.  The actual quake only lasted about
15 seconds, but it seemed like 15 minutes.  I took the rest of the day off
cuz I was worried about my critters.  I hurried home to see if they were
okay.  I shouldn't even have bothered.  I get home and looked in the fert
cage.  They're all curled up sleeping.  They look at me sleepily, "Quake?
What quake?  That was an earthquake?  We thought Insanity and his big butt
had fallen off the top shelf again."  Even the dog was unperturbed.  He
didn't even bother to wake up when I came home.  That's what I get for
worrying about them.  The rest of the apartment made it through fine too.
The only thing that happened was a few things fell off some shelves onto
the floor.  So over all we weathered the quake fine.  We were just a
little shook up, pun intended.  :)

Actually, I was hoping I would be at home when a quake hit.  I'm curious
what the ferrets would do.  I've read about other animals going nuts right
before a quake, like they could sense it.  I was wondering if my ferrets
would have that ability.  Has anybody else had a chance to experience that?

I need to track down a vet for a friend.  She lives in Wyandotte, Michigan.
She currently has a ferret vet, but he's pricey.  He wants $1000 for
adrenal surgery.  So she's looking for another good ferret vet with more
reasonable prices.  If anybody knows of a good vet near here, could you
let me know.  Thanks.

May your terra be firma,
Limejello & The Weezils of Doom
http://home1.gte.net/wrenched