From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:51:09 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

My little sister, Dingo Lips (I named her that in about 1977, the
name stuck.  We were kids, watching a PBS nature program on TV about
Australian wild dogs, and I started teasing her that she had black,
slitherey, stretchy dingo lips with little bumps on the edge.  She was
like four, and had a total fit.  Well, she is 32 now, and has been
answering to Dingo Lips for twenty-eight years.  Heh, heh, heh!  It's
good to be the oldest.)

ANYWAY, she is an artist.  She has a BA in Fine Arts, painting, and she
is trying to learn how to draw ferrets to her satisfaction for a project
we have.  As she says, "It's hard, they *move*!" True enough.  I'm
reminded of a line from a David Bowie song "Then we moved like tigers
on vaseline!"  Yeah, that sounds like a ferret.

I was hoping you folks could send me some URLS for your ferret pictures
stashed online, so she could look at them and practice.  She will not
*copy* your picture and publish it, copyright isn't an issue, she just
wants to practice drawing them in many different poses.  Asleep, playing,
wardancing, speedbumping, carpet sharking, you name it.  They don't even
need to be esthetically beautiful pictures!

If you can help, please send me URLS to my e-mail at the top of this
message.

Thanks, Alexandra in MA