From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 06:59:37 -0500
Jim Makowski-

I don't think you have anything to worry about.....at our last club meeting,
Dr Judi Bell gave a presentation and brought up that very topic - it is not
unusual for fur to have a bluish cast to it as it grows back in from any
significant hair loss - shaving from surgery, coat changes, etc.  She may
have been stressed enough to lose enough fur for that to happen.

I have several kennel cab carriers set up around the house for my ferrets to
play in.  They have litter pans, etc in them....it is much less stressful
for them when I've taken them on vacation with me (in the old days when I
only had 2!) to travel in something they are familiar with and used to.

You might want to try something like that the next time you go away and see
if it makes a difference.

BTW, she did give an explanation for the blue fur, but I can't remember
what it was.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY