Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 09:34:33 -0700
hi, kelleen and everyone.

read says it's ok to bathe them every two to four weeks or so.

my husband and i did that for a while with skippy, our first little fuzzy
gal.  but she fought it so much (and she looked like such a little drowned
rat....they really are skinny under all that fur) that we didn't have the
heart to continue doing it that often.

the funny thing is, my three munchkins seem to be the funkiest-smelling
about one to two weeks after their baths.  then the aroma seems to fade a
great deal.  go figure!

we only bathe them now before we take them on vacation with us to visit
not-exactly-ferret-loving relatives.

by the way, you know how fuzzies have the uncanny ability to sniff out
the least fuzzy-hospitable person in the room, and then make a beeline
for just that person? my sally never crawls up pants legs. never. until
we visit my dad in north carolina. the first time he saw sally, he said
"don't put that little weasel down on the floor! she'll crawl up my
leg!" and we said "but, dad, she NEVER does that!" and sally wardanced
right over to him and crawled up his pants leg. scary, isn't it?

anyway, try the no bathing thing for a while. they really do smell less
and less funky. and, as big recommended, change their bedding very
frequently. that's usually where the worst aroma comes from.

linda