From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 13:21:16 -0500
I saw but one ferret in my life and that was in Massachusetts where
they were illegal back then. I moved to Va. and became 'acquainted'
with the animal and decided to get one. I bought Byte-me. Got her home
and didn't even have a cage for her ! Ha! Got a rabbit cage and started
with that. Had to order the hammy, water bottle and all and make do
until those arrived. But over time I made that cage a six foot tall six
floor with a balcony cage, added/made more doors all over and carpeted
every floor except the bottom with carpet. Added a 'J' feeder and self
filling water tray and extra hammys. This cage can easily support 5
ferrets and have had six in there for a time.

But to the point, at night I used to let Byte-me out to roam all night.
She discovered the water bed and used to climb up into and under the
bed spread to sleep where it was warm. Nibble-ed joined her and then
too did all the others. I got very used to that 'warm lump' appearing
at my feet. I was able to tell Byte-me which side of the bed to sleep
on and she understood never going elsewhere. Was amazing to be able to
communicate to her like that.

She and the others are long gone. Sigh. Peekaboo is gone now too so I
started to let Pester out all night. I have to block the hallway off
where she will burrow into the furniture if I don't block her off. She
has found the bed to be a great place to camp out and sleep so I let
her. Is so great to again feel that warm lump down there and feel her
jump out to park a tootsie roll in the bath room (which is fine) and
then claw here way up and under the bed spread. We get along like that
all night just fine.

Just having a ferret there is more than worth any cost and aggravation
to keep one around. I will always have a fuzz butt.

Gordon and Pester Doodle

_12-2Envelope