From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:22:12 -0600
>>Dayna's shelter found out years ago that the Timmy's in water available
>>all the time stops insulinomic symptoms flat!  They "self medicate" she
>>said.
>
>Having been involved with those rescuing the ferrets after Dayna's death
>we can assert that this is not true.  At least one that was insulinomic
>did not respond at all to Timmy's Tonic and had seizures from the moment
>he came into a real shelter.  He passed recently.

My experience is the same.  My Sammy never seemed to benefit from Timmy's
Tonic when he had insulinoma.  It *may* have helped Cassie; she only ever
had very mild and rare symptoms, and they *seemed* to be gone when both
ferrets had Timmy's in their water.  But it's hard to say.  In any case,
it may just be that it helps some ferrets and not others.

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to the New Little Ones
With loving memories of my dear departed Buddy,