From:
Jennifer Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:06:18 -0500
Hello everybody,

In the space of 9 months, I lost all 3 of my ferrets to Lymphoma. I've
only been on the ferret scene for 7 years, but I fully embraced being
a ferret mom and learning about these awesome little creatures. Louie,
Mr. Squiggles and Kiba lived a mostly free-range life and we spoiled
those boys. We had cages, for the rare occasion that fights broke out
and time-outs needed to be issued. BIG cages, TONS of bedding,
custom-made litter boxes, the works. When my husband and I bought our
house, we spent our first weekend making them a ferret room full of
toys, tubing, and those neat blankets with pockets and crinkly tunnels.
So now I have to try to figure out how to live life without ferrets.
After the past 9 months, and the horrible deaths Lymphoma brought on,
I can't bring myself to adopt new ferrets since their lives are so
very short and my heart is so easily broken. It hurts to walk past the
ferret room. I cried as I cleaned Louie's last deposit in his litter
box. I find myself inhaling Louie's blankets, I will always love the
musky ferret smell. I know grief is natural and I'm also sure I'm not
the first person to be ferret-less, but I would really appreciate
hearing how people have learned to cope with this new lifestyle.

Thank you so much,

Jennifer

P.S. Once I get my act together, are there any shelters in the Union
County/Newark Area that need big cages, bedding, etc.?