From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:52:35 EDT
Ed Lipinski writes;

Well, Ed, I don't think there are any tests that could be done on this
ferret that would determine the reason "why".  It would seem to be a
behavioral issue rather than a medical one.  My impression is that you're
just too eager to dissect something / anything in your self proclaimed
"quest for scientific knowledge".

>Seventy-two inches of intestine in the ferret that was necropsied here in
>my vet's lab.  And you know what?  Not one bit of food in the stomach or
>intestine - only 20 millimeters of feces just inside the anus.  Does this
>suggest that this ferret that inflicted 47 lacerations of a premature
>infant's scalp was starving?  You tell me.

I'm not a vet and neither are you.  My *assumption* would be that the
ferret hadn't eaten in about three hours.  If this assumption is correct,
it's hardly near starvation.  You never did explain why the "premature"
infant was exposed to a ferret in the first place?  Is there a reason why
you haven't explained this?

From another post;
>[Moderator's note: Sigh.... note this post contains remarks which may be
>considered sexist by many.  BIG]

I don't understand why this type of thing is allowed through.  It seems
anything is fair game as long as the word "ferret" is included somewhere
in the post.  Unbelievable...

Ed writes;
>On the average, the female helpers spend more time "playing" with the
>ferrets and "cuddling" them than cleaning the crap out of litter pans and
>washing cages and utensils.

At our shelter, we call this "socialization".  Why don't you try it
sometime?  It might improve your disposition!

>Plus the fact they are too weak to lift a bucket full of ferret waste or
>lift a bag of fresh cat litter.

Wanna arm wrestle?

>Lastly, and perhaps not too important to some of you, is the liability, if
>and when somebody gets hurt here working as a helper, and could possible
>entertain a lawsuit for doctor bills and antibiotics.

The most intelligent thing I've heard from you in months, Ed!!  Why don't
you use that particular brain cell more often?

SP (who's nearly had enough of this crap)