Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:13:11 -0700
Hi to everyone and their fuzzies.  I haven't posted anything in a while
(too much overtime), so most of you might not remember the episodes I was
having with my ferret, Paco.  Well, I took him in for a blood test and it
came back fine, but the vet said to watch for signs of adrenal trouble.
So far there's nothing to report with that and I haven't caught him pawing
at his mouth and drooling any more, so maybe he just got into something I
couldn't find.  Thanks again to everyone for their input on that.

Now onward to the rice and beans!  I've been meaning to try out the rice
box thing for my wild bunch, but so far haven't gotten it done (one more
item on a long list).  Anyway... yesterday my husband was sorting out dry
pinto beans for chili and Tigger was out and couldn't resist helping.  She
barged right into the bowl of dry beans and dooked and dug and chuckled and
threw beans all over the place.  Funniest thing I've seen in a while,
except for everything else ferrets do when they're out <G>.

So... would beans work just as well as rice for ferret fun?  It doesn't
seem like they could inhale them or anything, especially if they were Lima
beans.  It seems like rice is small enough to go where it's not supposed
to, but then so is dirt and they manage to survive burrowing in that.  Just
a few thoughts to throw out there for commentary, anyway.

Dooks to all and prayers for all the sick and abused fuzzie ones.

Deborah P. and the Wild Bunch
Junior, Louie, Paco, Missy, and Tigger the Terrible