From:
chelle schlake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:00:56 +0000
O.K. NO FLAMING lol.  I have a very close friend in NJ who NEEDS to find
a wonderful home for 2 ferrets.  Both are DEW, one male and one female.
The male is pretty relaxed and kick back, the female seems to be a little
bit more edgey.  My dear friend took these ferrets as a great deed.
These ferrets were being HIGHLY neglected and unprovenly abused (no
physical evidence).  They were about to be let loose because the previous
owner didnt want them anymore.  They were not fed properly or anything of
the sort.  Their cage was a mess of poop inclduing the so called bedding
which had to be thrown away.  My friend did not want by any means these
animals to suffer any longer NOR be put into the wild on their own when
they are completely domesticated.  I know some of you are thinking then
why not take them yourself, well I would as I run the only ND rescue,
however he is in NJ and there is no way for me to get to them and bring
them here.  My friend just can't provide for them or meet all of their
needs, it isnt that he doesnt like them or want them it is a pure and
simple fact that at this time in his life he does well enough to handle
himself and is in no position to care for other beings at the time
(finacially).  He also still lives with his parents.  He did a very
wonderful thing taking in thse wonderful critters and now it is time for
them to find a forever home.  I will not tell you that they need to stay
together because they definately are not bonded but he has no choice but
to cage them together right now as they only have one cage.  They came
with a marshall cage a very nice one, that was just incredibly nasty.
They can either be taken as a pair or as individual and be split.
Serious inquiries may contact me and I will speak to you and put you in
contact with my friend.  He does not want these two to go to just any
home and wnats to assure they will be loved and greatly cared for, and I
am sure their new home or homes will be wonderful, so please understand
the extent of screening I will help him do, as he has never done this
before.  Please feel free to email me with any questions on these lil
critters, btw they have never realy had names in their life and I have
been calling them spunky and punky.

Chelle Schlake
Chelles 2nd Chance Ferret Haven